PiltserCowan Law LLC is currently hiring one or more associate attorneys with 5+ years of experience for our Boston office!
Attorneys who can help expand our existing practice areas or open up new lines of business welcome; strong preference given to those who can bring business with them.
We are looking for:
- Attorneys with 5+ years of experience in criminal defense and/or complementary practice areas including family law, bankruptcy, immigration, real estate, trusts & estates, or civil litigation.
- Attorneys with experience self-organizing their workloads and deadlines.
- Women, POC, and LGBTQIA candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates who are able to bring business with them will be given strongly favorable consideration.
- Attorneys admitted to Massachusetts Bar.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a case load in their core practice area. Each of our attorneys has a docket of cases on which they are lead counsel from intake through final disposition. Every case will also have a second attorney assigned, and other attorneys and paralegals may be brought in to assist as necessary. Our office is a collaborative environment in which colleagues are available to workshop cases and difficult issues as needed.
- Be able to Successfully manage client relationships
- Be able to Coordinate clearly and effectively with team
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Be Self-motivated and can work independently
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong legal research and writing skills.
- Possess strong computer skills. Knowledge of Google Suite, Clio, Lexicata/Clio Grow, and Wrike are a major plus.
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to handle a case load
- Be able and willinghelp bring business to the firm.
Compensation commensurate with experience.